DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> DHTML Collapsible Forum Index
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Tetenman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

That would be great!!!!! and please, if it comes down to being paid for your time I would gladly do so.

Thank you,
Robert

Robert Tetenman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

I do have some other questions regarding the customization of CFI. Is this the appropriate place? A better forum for that? or am I on my own with respect to modifications?
Basically, I want to customize the control panel that drops down, replacing text links with buttons, my own background, etc...

Even if you could just point me to what I would edit I would appreciate that.

Thank you again,
Robert

Robert Tetenman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

I am assuming that there is no exteneded support for this MOD. I just thought that customizing and adding a personal touch would be cool. 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

I'm sorry Robert. I'm very, very busy.

I do not consider this a finished MOD... so I'll take it again as soon as I find the time...

On the other hand, with its current implementation is not really easy to customize the the CFI options panel. Actually, it's document.written dynamically... I'll try to use a different approach (perhaps using templates) next time...

Bests,
Markus

BigC
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

Wouldn't a mod to have all forums closed by default actually not be too difficult. I'm not sure of the code off hand, but you could check to see if a cookie exists (i.e. the person has been in the forums before) and if it exists then great display the forums as the user has set.. if the cookie does not exist then enable a cookie which has all the forums collapsed and let the forum code display that.

I am going to attempt to do that.

Also I was thinking something that would be great would be to have a drop down menu on the website banner, the user would click to display the forums that just related to the interest the user has selected and collapse the rest.

I really like the "MY Forum" concept on rcuniverse.com forums I think that concept along with the awesome PHPMIX collapsable mod would be great on a website with many forums.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

You can't send a "display:none" attribute to all browsers. This is not supported by some of them and buggy on others. So you have to detect the browser before anything like that.

Problem is the Forum Index is the first page visited 99% of the times. So, the only cross-browser workaround would be to dynamically write the display attribute. But that would make the implementation of the MOD in the templates somehow tricky.

That's why I implemented this MOD as it is.

BigC
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

You'll have to forgive me cause I'm a newbie.. but couldn't you just add something like..

if (cookie =='')
COLLAPSE_ALL ;

on the forum index page to callapse the forums if a cookie doesn't exist? Then on non compatible browsers it just won't work leaving the forums all expanded?

BigC
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

Yeah never mind all that anyways.. to me at least, its really not that important at this point.

Is there a way to append the session variable (the cookie with the collapsed 'state') to a url... so I can make different buttons on my start page so that when they direct to the forum page, it will have different forums collapse and others expanded depending on what button is pressed?

Now I think that would be a great feature to incorporate.

Thanks!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: DHTML collapsible forum: disabling cookies Reply with quote

The following post might be of your interest:
http://forums.phpmix.org/viewtopic.php?p=1599#1599

It shows how to create javascript links to perform C.F.I. commands using the cmd method of the CFIG object.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> DHTML Collapsible Forum Index All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: