site counter installation problems - help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cryptoknight
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

No worries... whatever the problem was... it was a pl3 problem... pl4 has fixed it... 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

...this is really strange. Only the mxBB Installer has been updated between pl3 and pl4. Shocked
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7013394&forum_id=44450 <- pl4
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6999276&forum_id=44450 <- pl3

Maybe it was a problem with file permissions or some file truncated while uploading.... Confused

Anyway, glad to see it has been sorted.

cryptoknight
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

It worked for about an hour or so... then went right back where it was... 
cryptoknight
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

And if I could figure out a way to leave it in there so you could check it...without disabling my site...I would.

It's almost like it's an infinite loop or somesuch.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

hmmm... try this:

OPEN: modules/mx_sitestats/includes/common.php

FIND:
Code:
@session_start();

REPLACE WITH:
Code:
// @session_start();

Question

cryptoknight
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

That fixed it...

the next question... is what does that mean?

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

TBH, I don't know. It is strange it happens since you upgraded.

Now, if you find your session counter increments for every page hit, even from the same session, then try to add that line on top of your mx/common.php file. That's is before any other HTTP headers have been sent to the browser.

...or set the PHP setting session.auto_start to ON. You can do this by adding the following line to your .htaccess file:

Code:
php_flag   session.auto_start    on

cryptoknight
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

Adding in the php flag to .htaccess works fine as well... *scratches head* 
found
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

Awesome, I am having the same difficulties my portals and I thought it was from my move from my development server to the live server.

Foolish me thinking it was an MX issue I reported some of this on the MX site Mennonite Hobbit tried to help. I gave up and I just removed the code.

The only difference I noticed in the server setups was the mysql version.

Now, when I find the time, I will try these fixes and see how far I get. I post my results here.

Thank You folks! phpMix Rocks!

found
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

markus wrote:
TBH, I don't know. It is strange it happens since you upgraded.

Now, if you find your session counter increments for every page hit, even from the same session, then try to add that line on top of your mx/common.php file. That's is before any other HTTP headers have been sent to the browser.

...or set the PHP setting session.auto_start to ON. You can do this by adding the following line to your .htaccess file:

Code:
php_flag   session.auto_start    on

Laughing Worked Like a charm on both of the sites I look after.

Thanks Markus you Rock dude!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: