Could not connect to database- PHP Critical Error.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteDragon
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Could not connect to database- PHP Critical Error. Reply with quote

Howdy,

I'm using the latest versions of MX, and your chat module. I received no errors on install, and configured everthing easy. When I go into chat though, it gives me a PHP-Critical Error. Could not connect to database. I've read the manual, and looked through all the php files, and can't seem to track down my problem. Could anybody point me in the right direction please?

You can view my website here. This portion is still underconstruction, and not public currently.

http://www.dragonsclan.net/portal/index.php

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lates.......

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Could not connect to database- PHP Critical Error. Reply with quote

The most common reason for this error is an overloaded server. It happens with free/cheap hosts. Try again later...

Look at phpBB site for this error for tips too.

Cheers

WhiteDragon
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Could not connect to database- PHP Critical Error. Reply with quote

Thanks man. I was afraid you were going to say that.

I've gotten on to them before for that. I have a good host provider, and it doesn't happen to the forums/portal to often at all, but on the chat, it happens almost everytime.

I will contact them ASAP.

Thanks Again.

Lates............

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Could not connect to database- PHP Critical Error. Reply with quote

LOL ...I know, but that's the most probable reason...

mx_chatbox tables are read/updated more often than other portal/forum tables. One thing to check is refresh_time in AdminCP->ChatBox settings.

...but I haven't seen this problem from other users, mine or those using Wooly's or Smartors versions, both using similar DB dessign.

Maybe your hosting have something to say... the cause may come from your host neighbours (accesing the same DB server as yourself)...

Cheers

WhiteDragon
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Could not connect to database- PHP Critical Error. Reply with quote

Markus,

I contacted them, and they are working on it. I told them that it also happens randomly with the forums, and portal ( which it does, just more rarely ). I also informed them that since i'm going to this type of site (all php,mysql) that I really need them to fix it up for me, or i'd have to go somewhere else. I'm a long time customer, and a preffered customer, so hopefully they will comply. Thanks for your support. Well done.

Lates.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: