[DYNIFS]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> Widgets Discussion -> Javascript Snippets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cm
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the world of IFRAME resizing problems!

As you can see from the postings, I had loads of similar problems, but they are all resolved now... apart from in Netscape 7.2, which seems to have a mind of its own. It's not a browser used by many and the problem doesn't make the site illegible, so i have chosen to ignore it. All that happens is the space below the IFRAME content grows in size unless you use the browser refresh button to tighten it all up again.

Ricco had to revise the DYNIFS script for me because there were some strange things going on in Mac browsers and i had no access to a Mac for testing, but if you want this amended version i can send it to you.

Have you stated the height of the IFRAME in the IFRAME tag, the containing DIV... i.e in the external CSS file or both? Another problem was having the incoming documents in 'quirksmode'.

Also, are we talking IE6 or IE7?

Is it possible to view your site anywhere?

Ricco was so helpful to me, that i have been able to develop a few more sites using this autoresize technique and i am quite happy to share my original 'prototype' site, HTML docs, the modified DYNIFS script and CSS file... providing Ricco has no objections, as he made most of the amendments.

The 'prototype' site has now been moved in to my secure test area, but i can always shift it back out. Just let me know and i will send you the URL.

CM.

RicoBlues
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikeyj,

I've tested only on IE& becouse I'm working on Win2k emulation on Mac.
The code I've shared with "cm" is that I use on all my websites under a lot of browsers.

Let me know. Rico.

mikeyj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the replies! I've actually got it mostly working now although Netscape 7.02 (which unfortunately some of our users still use!) will start throwing a "d has no properties" error on line 28 of the script and I can't figure out why. The pages aren't reachable from the outside world so I can't post any links.

Mike

RicoBlues
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: About Netscape Reply with quote

Hi Mikeyj,

this is my own site www.rico54.com, sorry it's in italian, but you can try different pages with netscape and all works fine.

I've take a look on line 28, is the body of a function called in some places the most important is at the bottom where the document length is get and is set the timer

Here you can find a zip file with modified dynifs code and an example

dynifs_code_example.zip

I hope this can help you. Best Riccardo.

cm
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Feeling a bit tetchy as i write this, because my favourite browser AND e-mail client, which i use every day, is in fact Netscape 7.2!

It works reasonably well for me, with only the marginal irritation of an increase in line numbers each time a new document is called in, unless the browser refresh button is used, which corrects the height instantly.

However, as we are talking about my pet browser and i really don't want it castigated.. long word for this time of the evening... i think it deserves some investigating. No errors in the JavaScript console either.

Does this happen only on the initial site load, containing the first document in the IFRAME, and/or in all subsequent calls to replacement pages in the IFRAME?

Also, i take it that you are referring to the following bit of code and you are using a PC, not a Mac. I have no way of testing on a Mac and had to ask Rico for his help when i first started using this script.

Code:
// Obtain the dimensions (width,height) of the given document.
    getDim: function(d) {
        var w=200, h=200, scr_h, off_h;
        if( d.height ) { return [d.width,d.height]; }
        with( d.body ) {
            if( scrollHeight ) { h=scr_h=scrollHeight; w=scrollWidth; }
            if( offsetHeight ) { h=off_h=offsetHeight; w=offsetWidth; }
            if( scr_h && off_h ) h=Math.max(scr_h, off_h);
        }
        return [w,h];
    },

There are some well documented articles on this BB regarding using a time delay with the getDim function, but our version of the script already has a delay set, so i doubt it has anything to do with that.

I will carry out some tests over the weekend and let you know what i find... i really ought to get a life Exclamation

Pleased everything else is working ok for you,
CM

mikeyj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the reply!

Well, my situation is a little "sticky". My page uses the tabbed navigation script found here:

Tabber

I have iframes under each tab. The onClick of the tab calls a location.href for the iframe which triggers the resize script onload. This all works great in every browser except Netscape. Crying or Very sad And to top it all off, it fails differently in v.7.02 than it does in v.7.2! v.8.x seems to be ok for the most part.

If it were just some kind of display issue I wouldn't care as much but it's keeping the content from loading so that's a prob. It's obviously related to the way it interacting with the Tabber script since you guys aren't having an issue with NS.

I'll keep working at it!

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> Widgets Discussion -> Javascript Snippets All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: