Feature Request: Message Editing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_errordocs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Feature Request: Message Editing Reply with quote

Ok, I bet this was already on everyone's minds Wink , but this would be a nice feature:

It would be nice if I could edit the ErrorDoc messages in the ACP, instead of having to edit the language files. I had to play around to see if the language files used HTML or BBCode, or just PHP.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Message Editing Reply with quote

The number of error codes is limited and you have to think about the description just once, when installing, only if you feel the need to change the default messages.

The syntax of lang files is pretty simple. You can use HTML in the message text if you wish.

Maybe I'll add some kind of error messages manager in the future, but not soon.

MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Message Editing Reply with quote

markus_petrux wrote:
The number of error codes is limited and you have to think about the description just once, when installing, only if you feel the need to change the default messages.

The syntax of lang files is pretty simple. You can use HTML in the message text if you wish.

Maybe I'll add some kind of error messages manager in the future, but not soon.

Ok, thanks

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Message Editing Reply with quote

Quoted from here:
http://forums.phpmix.org/viewtopic.php?p=410#410
MennoniteHobbit wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how to add the HTML into the lang files correctly, as to not get the same parse errors over and over.

What do you mean by parse errors over and over?

Which kind of HTML are you trying to use? ...I believe text formating (bold, color, etc.) should work, but if you try to create more sofisticated effects, maybe the best way is by editing the template...

Neutral Rolling Eyes

MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Feature Request: Message Editing Reply with quote

markus_petrux wrote:
Quoted from here:
http://forums.phpmix.org/viewtopic.php?p=410#410
MennoniteHobbit wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how to add the HTML into the lang files correctly, as to not get the same parse errors over and over.

What do you mean by parse errors over and over?

Which kind of HTML are you trying to use? ...I believe text formating (bold, color, etc.) should work, but if you try to create more sofisticated effects, maybe the best way is by editing the template...

Neutral Rolling Eyes

Ok, thanks...

I get an error message saying something similar to "parse error on undefined line [url]"... I was using the <a href> tag though, but it doesn't matter anymore. I added to the message, and I'm happy. Very Happy

Hmm editing the template might be something fun to do... hmmm... ah well, thank you anyways!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_errordocs All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: