Character encoding, firefox 1.5, and ‹/›

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> Select Expand BBCodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandaman32
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Character encoding, firefox 1.5, and ‹/› Reply with quote

I recently installed select expand bbcodes on my test board and I found one bug. In select_expand_bbcodes.js, the characters ‹ and › appear. When these codes are displayed in Firefox they don't work because these characters are specific to UTF-8 *i think*. The characters show up in Firefox as question marks. To fix this bug, change line 48:
Code:
return '&amp;nbsp;‹&nbsp;<a class="genmed" style="text-decoration:none;" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="SXBB[\''+this.id+'\'].'+cmd+'(\''+txt+'\');" onfocus="this.blur();"><b>'+txt+'</b></a>&amp;nbsp;›';

to:
Code:
return '&amp;nbsp;&amp;#0139;&nbsp;<a class="genmed" style="text-decoration:none;" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="SXBB[\''+this.id+'\'].'+cmd+'(\''+txt+'\');" onfocus="this.blur();"><b>'+txt+'</b></a>&amp;nbsp;&amp;#0155;';

This will make the characters display properly in nearly every browser.

‹ dandaman32 ›

dandaman32
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Character encoding, firefox 1.5, and &#0139;/&#0 Reply with quote

Dang, that didn't work. I can't edit my posts so I'll try again. The preview looked OK..

Code:
return '&nbsp;‹&nbsp;<a class="genmed" style="text-decoration:none;" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="SXBB[\''+this.id+'\'].'+cmd+'(\''+txt+'\');" onfocus="this.blur();"><b>'+txt+'</b></a>&nbsp;›';

to:
Code:
return '&nbsp;&#0139;&nbsp;<a class="genmed" style="text-decoration:none;" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="SXBB[\''+this.id+'\'].'+cmd+'(\''+txt+'\');" onfocus="this.blur();"><b>'+txt+'</b></a>&nbsp;&#0155;';

#0139; dandaman32 ›

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch, thanks! Ok Right

I'll be sure to include your fix in any future version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> Select Expand BBCodes All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: