Akismet Drupal moderator notification

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> Drupal Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sterling
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Akismet Drupal moderator notification Reply with quote

I'd like to see added (or contribute myself) a patch to the Akismet module that would send the moderator notices as a digest rather than one message per spam. Generally, the spams come in batches of 50 or so at a time and while Akismet does an excellent job, I use this on my personal blog and like to monitor it as close as I can. Getting 50 messages in my inbox every few hours really sucks and usually I get hit about 10 to 15 times in two or three days and then get nothing for weeks or months.

My proposal is the following:

• Add an additional option to the user page to allow administrator/moderators to check "Send moderator notifications in a digest."
  • Alter akismet_notify_moderators() so that $content_type, $content, $is_published, and $is_spam are inserted into a new table named "akismet_email_queue" (or whatever).
  • Alter the akismet_cron() (or a function called by it) so that every time cron is run a single message would be sent containing all the nodes/comments in the "akismet_email_queue".

This would reduce the amount of "spam" I get in my inbox caused by spam on my blog and would make the Akismet plugin much handier.

In addition, I would suggest adding a link to admin/akismet to all the emails sent out so that the moderator can go there directly from the email, which is usually where I review the spam since I get so many. It would hurt to make the messages customizeable from admin/settings/akimset either.

Anyway, if I have time this week, I plan to put together just these fixes for myself even if no one else is interested. I'd be happy to submit a patch back if anyone else is interested or if it might be useful to go into the main distribution.

Cheers,
Andrew

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> Drupal Modules All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: