mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

I'll beta test this module! I just have to check if each function works, right? 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

Yes, that's pretty cool! Smile

You can download it here:
http://www.phpmix.org/projects

There are lots of blocks in this module. All related to 3rd party's statistics remain the same, so you can concentrate in new functions: The new Counter stuff and HTTP referers basically.

Also, any feedback on the Release Notes would be much appreciated. Smile

And thank you very much for your collaboration. That will help a lot when making this release public.

MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

You're very welcome! Very Happy

Ok, sorry if this is too late for a last minute feature request, but could you make it possible for the admin to choose which sections of the hit counter to show? ex. if the admin wants to show only the hit counter, or only the sessions counter.

Ok, in the ACP, under Counter settings:

(click on the image for my screenshot)

Are there supposed to be any buttons in between the two [ and ] brackets? If there aren't, maybe you should delete them, so that no one else will think that's an error.

I've tested the referrers and counters, registered as an admin, as a regular user, and anonymously; I don't think I've found any more errors. Tomorrow afterschool I'll continue testing it further. I'll report back when I find anything. Smile

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
Ok, sorry if this is too late for a last minute feature request, but could you make it possible for the admin to choose which sections of the hit counter to show? ex. if the admin wants to show only the hit counter, or only the sessions counter.

If someone needs this, it could be solved by removing the undesired code from the template file, but...
...added this feature, more for the fun to play with nested template switches. I hate them, but perhaps it can be used as sample for someone else. As it's always tricky to figure out how they work. Just take a look at the code in counter.php and it's template sitestats_counter_body.tpl

hmmm... ok, it seems easier to change a single parameter than editing things here and there. Wink

NB: Trying to be ironical... but after re-reading my own words... I'm not sure. I'm not english... Rolling Eyes

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
Ok, in the ACP, under Counter settings:

(click on the image for my screenshot)

Are there supposed to be any buttons in between the two [ and ] brackets? If there aren't, maybe you should delete them, so that no one else will think that's an error.

Opps, for some reason I forgot to add an entry in the lang files. Solved.
However, don't try to play Adding counters (as noted in the release notes). I'm not sure if I'll fully implement this feature (different counters for different pages). :eusa_think:

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
I've tested the referrers and counters, registered as an admin, as a regular user, and anonymously; I don't think I've found any more errors. Tomorrow afterschool I'll continue testing it further. I'll report back when I find anything. Smile

Oh, thanks a lot, again. Smile

I've updated the v1.3.0 with all changes. Also I've added a new digits style (mb) and removed all the others. I'll zip them in a separate file later (I have to switch to the new pafileDB module asap Embarassed ).

Beta 2... same link as above:
http://www.phpmix.org/projects

I've not changed the upgrade script, so to upgrade from previous beta the process should be something like:

1) AdminCP->ModuleAdmin->Uninstall.
2) Open phpMyAdmin and remove sitestats_config table (I forgot to add the drop statement in uninstall script :eusa_wall: , now fixed).
3) Unzip and upload (say yes when prompted to override existing files).
4) AdminCP->ModuleAdmin->Install.

MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

Hmm after checking the HTTP referrers and the counter functions, I can't seem to find any errors. So, hopefully there aren't any that escaped my watch. I think everything is fine. Smile

I tested Beta 2 in an environment with PHP version 4.3.3, mySQL version 4.0.15, and an Apache server.

markus_petrux wrote:
I'm not sure if I'll fully implement this feature (different counters for different pages).

I don't think that this feature is needed, because the whole point of the counter is to count how many visits a site has had, not the individual pages...

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the input, MennoniteHobbit. Smile

Just guessing if someone else has downloaded this Beta... actually I know who you are Mr. Green ...any feedback would much appreciated. :eusa_pray:

Anyway, I'll release as soon as I can setup pafileDB ...I'm currently working on it...

BTW, I have fixed a couple of things since Beta 2. Details can be found on the version history file.

MennoniteHobbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

You're welcome! Smile

I can't wait until the release of mx_sitestats 1.3! I'm waiting until it comes out to install it on my new site....

BTW, I'm creating a new site, still packed with MX and phpBB stuff! The MX portion is still under construction, though. Sad The forums are at http://members.lycos.co.uk/computercorner/forum .

Oh, I'm just curious, but is the pafiledb module you have installed right now your own adapted version of PHP Arenas? Or is it adapted from the pafiledb module?

Thanks for your time, and for mx_sitestats! Smile

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
Oh, I'm just curious, but is the pafiledb module you have installed right now your own adapted version of PHP Arenas? Or is it adapted from the pafiledb module?

Nope, it's the old mx_download module, which was based on an as well old version of phpArena code. And yes, I modified some bits here and there...

I'm currently installing, customizing (also figuring out how it works Shocked ) the new brand mx_pafiledb module v103. Haplo is doing a great job!

Also trying to teach my twins (10 month old) what a swimming pool is... Rolling Eyes

I'll release as soon as I can setup this new download's section.

BTW, good luck with your new site. Smile

NeXur
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

Installed and tried it today.
ACP/sitestats/counter settings:
Quote:
Couldn't get mx_module information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM mx_module WHERE module_id =

Line : 102
File : /home/virtual/amd64notebooks.com/public_html/includes/mx_functions.php

And:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_forums_auth_view() in /home/virtual/amd64notebooks.com/public_html/modules/mx_sitestats/toptopics.php on line 56

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_forums_auth_view() in /home/virtual/amd64notebooks.com/public_html/modules/mx_sitestats/mostintopics.php on line 56

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

NeXur, which version of MX are you running?

Anf which version of mx_sitestats?

I'll release v1.3.0 today probably.

NeXur
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

sitestats: v1.3.0 Beta 2
MX: 2.7.3

also: under-
acp/sitestats/sitestats settings/counter type
i only have "render as text" and "mb" available

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

NeXur wrote:
Installed and tried it today.
ACP/sitestats/counter settings:
Quote:
Couldn't get mx_module information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM mx_module WHERE module_id =

Line : 102
File : /home/virtual/amd64notebooks.com/public_html/includes/mx_functions.php

When or where do you see this error?

Additionally, have you checked objects integrity under AdminCP?
Did you see any error when installing the module?
Was it a fresh install or upgrade?

Thanks for takeing the time to answer, I'm going to check this asap.

Cheers

NeXur
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

uninstalled sitestats v1.2.0 and then installed this beta.
no errors during install.

checked objects integrity - no errors...

in admin panel under sitestats (left frame) i click the link counter settings and i get the error in the right frame.

It's you that should have all the kudos for making this module!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

NeXur wrote:
And:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_forums_auth_view() in /home/virtual/amd64notebooks.com/public_html/modules/mx_sitestats/toptopics.php on line 56

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_forums_auth_view() in /home/virtual/amd64notebooks.com/public_html/modules/mx_sitestats/mostintopics.php on line 56

I have downloaded the Beta2, just to check, and line 56 of toptopics.php contains this:
Code:
$auth_data_sql = get_auth_forum();

Are you sure you're testing correct version?

If you're upgrading, you should remove all things from old version and start from scratch, as noted in the release notes.

NeXur
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_sitestats v1.3.0 in progress... Reply with quote

yes i'm sure Wink
i uninstalled the previous version from admin panel
removed all the files from the ftp-server.
uploaded the new version (beta 2) to the server
installed the new version from admin panel

my line 56 is the same as yours...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: