[request] Private Messages in Welcome Block

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_tinies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasonMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: [request] Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

how would I go about adding to the welcome block that you have a new private messages and how many pm's

Thanks for the help!

Tim(MasonMan)

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

This feature is already implemented in the MX page header.

Do you still want it in the Welcome block?

MasonMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

That would be great because I have a different page header.

Thanks

Tim(MasonMan)

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

Ok, you're the 2nd person asking the same Rolling Eyes

I will when ready with the mx_sitestats v1.3.0 thingy...

For the Welcome block, I also would like to add links to see topics from latest 24h, 48h and 72h. I've seen this recently and found it very usefull. Cool

Have you a link to your site, btw. Smile

MasonMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

Topics from the latest 24h, 48h, 72 h would be great!

My site is www.mxgamers.com .

Pretty much a beginner at php but if I can help out in any way let me know! I love to learn this stuff!

Thanks for the help!

Tim(MasonMan)

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

Wow, nice site! Smile

I've found though a small javascript error on line 33 (which is the body onload event handler) caused by this code on a single continous line:
Code:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"><!--function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0  var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;}function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0  var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}}function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;}function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)   if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}}//--></script>

The first comment (//v3.0) makes the rest of the line a comment...

Cheers

MasonMan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

markus_petrux wrote:
Wow, nice site! Smile

I've found though a small javascript error on line 33 (which is the body onload event handler) caused by this code on a single continous line:

Thanks got it fixed!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Private Messages in Welcome Block Reply with quote

MasonMan wrote:
Pretty much a beginner at php but if I can help out in any way let me know! I love to learn this stuff!

That's fantastic!

If you look at the php code and feel you understand something, maybe you can start to write your own module (ideas?). There are some guides on how to code modules at MX Knowledge Base, I believe.

Or you can try to port a phpBB mod...

Please, let me know if I could help you, if you feel lost.

Cheers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_tinies All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: