[opened] phpBB Page Titles are Lost

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_forum (beta team)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: [opened] phpBB Page Titles are Lost Reply with quote

for second thing is much easy modify the page title wit an variable
example phpbb wievtopic with original page title

selven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: [info] Known Issues Reply with quote

sorry for double post i-'m not loggend and cannot modify previous post,for second thing is much easy modify the page title wit an variable
example phpbb wievtopic with original phpbb's $page_title

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: [info] Known Issues Reply with quote

selven wrote:
sorry for double post

Sorry, it's my fault. I forgot to set forum permissions correctly. Embarassed

selven wrote:
for second thing is much easy modify the page title wit an variable example phpbb wievtopic with original phpbb's $page_title

Problem is page_header.php is the one who takes care of the $page_title variable. However, when the Block code is being executed page_header.php has been already processed, making useless any change in the $page_title variable.

I'm thinking to solve this problem adding a small JavaScript to the template. Something like this:
Code:

<script language="javascript">
   document.title = 'bla, bla, bla';
</script>

...then the block template here...

...I'm not sure how this problem could affect web crawlers (google, etc.). ie. if they believe the TITLE tag on the header or any other title set dynamically by JavaScript.

selven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: phpBB Page Titles are Lost Reply with quote

uhm and if you grab phpbb's $page_title with your modified page header and move into another varibile for example $phpbb_title with javascript can you find any thing similar at this? 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_forum (beta team) All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: