Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_tinies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardust
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

Hi markus !

I am repeating here.

These tines are great i am using them from over a month and everything seems perfect. but from the last 2 days there is a problem in tines welcome block

(the block which allow u to login and shows avatar etc)

from 2 days my index page is dammms low it took more then 180 seconds to load properly i search for the problem and remove all block one by one when i remove tinies welcome everything is oki but when i put it again it got slow again.

then i change the options of that block i OFF the feature to show the last viewd posts butnithing happened.

and now i removed it for the timebeing now page is working fine.

markus the is themost major block on evey index i need it on index in any case please tell me the solution in which it dont effect the load time.

Thanx

here is your questions.

Additionally, please, provide the following information:
1) Versions of MX and phpBB?
2) Have you changed anything in your installation during the past few days?
3) Have you installed any MOD recently?
4) How many users/topics/posts have you in your board?
5) Have you a URL?

Answers
1- mx 2.7.3 phpbb 2.0.8
2- No
3- No
4- Our users have posted a total of 95387 articles
We have 1138 registered users
5- i have URL but its my official forum and password protected so i am really sorry to mention the URL.

HINT.. i think there is problem in my viewtopic.php because from the last fiew days when ever we click to open the topic it took ages to open although rest of the board and things running like bullet.

Please markus guide me to the correct way! this is over official forum and i am too much pressurised from the users.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block Reply with quote

Ok, thank you for your FAST reaction to my comment at MX site. Wink

Really, much appreciated.

stardust wrote:
4- Our users have posted a total of 95387 articles

I suspect, this is the problem. Is it possible your DB Manager is in need of some kind of housekeeping.

Please, post your DB info: MySQL? Version?

Try to optimize your tables (using phpMyAdmin?) to see if that helps. ...or try to search at phpBB site if there are some kind of recommendations for huge DBs (I will try it as well and post back anything I may find).

Meanwhile, you can keep that feature from mx_tinies Welcome block as DISABLED.

stardust wrote:
5- i have URL but its my official forum and password protected so i am really sorry to mention the URL.

Don't worry. It was just a kind of standard question. Probably not necessary in this case.

Hope that helps!

edited: Added "(and huge Databases)" to topic title. Smile

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

I'm going to use this post to maintain a list to topics (found somewhere else) related to Huge phpBB Databases:

1. phpBB tweaks for large forums:
    http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=135383&highlight=huge+database

2. How big is the phpbb.com database? / How big is yours?
    http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48609&highlight=huge+database
    Not really useful, but somehow interesting.

3. What measures have you taken to speed up your board?
    http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=161527&highlight=huge+database

4. Database Size Stays High:
    http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1149721&highlight=optimize

stardust
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

Thanx once again markus.

i am using mySQL 4.0.18

i have phpmyadmin access can u tell me how to optimize the database ?

i am 70% sure that problem is in vietopic.php because rest of the board is working very fine only it happens when v try to open any topic.

the links u posted they are a little bit confusing for me.

i am also looking for the solution on phpbb.com because at the moment i canot open any topic from my board it keep loading and loading and after 2, 3 min page not found

phpbb also have a huge database and some other side also have huge databasses but they are running fine.

*** and ! can it be solved if i upgrade to 2.0.9 ? this is fully moded board i have to install many hacks again but if i am asure that the problem can be solve after upgrading ican do so.

from CHanged file only!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

stardust wrote:
*** and ! can it be solved if i upgrade to 2.0.9 ? this is fully moded board i have to install many hacks again but if i am asure that the problem can be solve after upgrading ican do so.

Upgrading is always a good idea. You can even upgrade using EM. Check out this topic for tips/references on how to:
http://forums.phpmix.org/viewtopic.php?t=204

stardust wrote:
i have phpmyadmin access can u tell me how to optimize the database ?

Login to your phpMyAdmin. You should see an option to OPTIMIZE your tables somewhere. That depends on your phpMyAdmin version.

Check out something called table OVERHEAD. Probably reported in red color.

Hope that helps!

edited: Added link to Database Size Stays High topic to above list of references. Wink

stardust
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

Hi markus Smile

i have successfully upgraded to 2.0.9
and one hting more in my phpbb root there was a folder named cache it was not 777 i change permission to 777

then i optimize my db there was one tabel SESSIONS was over headed after optimizing it is oki

and now my topics are also opeing normally.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOU HELP AND SUPPORT

but when i put welcome block again ! it took time again Sad
Page generated 56 queries - Generation time: 161.1583 seconds

but i just asked some ppl to open the page and they are saying it is opening in a flash
within a sec.

i,ll come again afer some time to report u boss.
Once again Thanx for your support.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

Glad to be of any help!

You're welcome! Wink

stardust
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

Ye markus here I am again Smile

Now everything is working fine topics are opening fine

i put the welcome block on the main page and it works fine.

but when ever we give login and password to log in it too same time 161.3433 seconds or almost 3 min
Sad

i re check my database and there were some tables again overheaded

i dont know why they go overheaded and is there any solution for it ? that they dont go overheaded.

or any other best solution u know .

Best Regards.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

Assuming other phpBB based sites are working smoothly with more topics/posts than yours...

The problem might be caused by a bug in your MySQL version. You might want to check that at MySQL site... though, you'll need rights to upgrade your Hosting.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of now, is try to identify the Table that are causing those problems ...AND try to add an Index.

However, choosing the right settings for an Index is somehow tricky...

If there are no other recommendations comming from phpBB site, I would bed for a bug in your MySQL.

Who knows.... HTH, anyway. Wink

stardust
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

ok Thanks

i,ll ask about htis to my hosting ! and then will see what to do.
once again thanx for such quick responce.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

hmmm... I forgot to mention another possible cause...

If you're running within a shared host, then the problem might be caused by your own host neighbours... if the server is reaching their limits for concurrent DB accesses, etc.

Another thing you might try is restore one of your latest backups in your own PC. If you could run a local webserver ( www.easyphp.org ), then you could try to monitor if those problems also happen at home.

Good luck! Wink

stardust
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ties, welcome block (and huge Databases) Reply with quote

markus
i am really sorry i am replying late.

well now i know the problem
after ur guidness i keep an eye on my database

and this problem occurs when some tables went overheaded
and when i optimize them everything become OKi.

now i asked the system admin to check whats wrong with the DB and why it overheaded again and again.

and i am sure her will do that whenever he got the time.

Thanks a lot dude

u put me on the right way.
thanx and regards.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_tinies All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: