A simple idea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_forum (beta team)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
selven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: A simple idea Reply with quote

Are one of the most greater discomforts of this form, to my opinion obviously, the fact to have to create a page of the portal for every page brought of phpbb, without the file of the pages that must manually be compiled (at least for now = P), do I know that the form in general a type of consumer is directed "experienced", but that you would think a page of it of crere that automatically it includes the desired page (you for example see musiconline.php) and in which are included already the initial premises that must be brought in every single file?
In this way 3 pigeons would be picked up with a fava:
an only page of the portal for all the functions of the forum
no changes to the common.php of phpBB (all it takes is eliminating the links from the portal toward the original briefcase of phpbb with some simple if)
smaller difficulty in the compilation of the form

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

I'm not sure to understand your "simple idea". Wink

Are you saying mx_forum could be packed with all phpBB scripts already modified as any other module AND eliminating the need to modify any phpBB script from the phpBB folder?

selven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

what I intend to say is to make a something similar to what I already did in music online module...
you create a page mx_forum.php (for example) that automatically it includes the respective page brought of phpbb (NB needs to modify the pages of phpbb however) for the porting of the pages you will have then to modify the various append_sids, the variable $images and to eliminate the lines of hindrance as overll heder and footer etc. in theory it could work.
I know that it is a rather drastic change in comparison to the mx-forum developed till now, but (to seem my) easier to realize from an end user and easier to automatize

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

However, the Hook MOD to phpbb/common.php is still required (to deal with redirection).

It is a real advantage for this module current's implementation a way to automate the process of MOD'ing the ported phpBB script...

...though, I'm still investigating implications related to other phpBB MODs (*), which may impact the level of automation.

(*) I'm currently compiling a DB of phpBB MODs to release a preMOD'd phpBB package here, in this site. Such package will include a bunch of small mods, but also some that add their own scripts to phpBB root. So... I'll test current mx_forum implementation against that package and see what happens. That package may, eventually include MX-Portal and a shared installation procedure.

selven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

uhm i think.. because change evry link in phpbb scripts if hook mod alredy redirect to portal pages?
"uč meno lavoro da fare"

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

True. With the Hook MOD applied that's not needed anymore. Smile

There are still the images (in scripts and/or templates), the headers, etc, etc, etc.

selven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

i've try but there are a problem: address in phpbb re relative not absolute:
is necessary add $phpbb_root_path
but not works for me!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A simple idea Reply with quote

Sorry, I was completely wrong in that. Embarassed ...I was confused by the fact that there is no need to transform URLs thanks to the Hook MOD, which is a very different thing. Again, sorry.

Actually, this is still needed in order to reach phpBB resources from the portal folder.

So, MX modules often use $phpbb_root_path or the constant PHPBB_URL.

Though, mx_forum has another different approach for that. It still uses $phpbb_root_path (whenever a file system resource is needed). However, instead of PHPBB_URL contant, it uses internal functions to build URLs to phpBB resources (images, links, etc.).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_forum (beta team) All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: