Comments/feedback:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_forum (beta team)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haplo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Comments/feedback: Reply with quote

very cool module/idea Smile

i've done ports for index, viewtopic and viewforum (which in my opinion is sufficient)

All works well except some already reported issues like online block (i removed it) and header sent error when setting cookie info (solved?)

Quote:
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at d:\_www\core\includes\template.php(127) : eval()'d code:1) in d:\_www\core\modules\mx_forum\viewtopic.php on line 586

now you only need to automize the forum_pages.php settings (if possible) or make a generic block with forum mode usage(mx_forum_mode=viewforum) to have ALL forum blocks working on the same MX page

Also, some "issues" you have found really should be reported at phpbb as "bugs"...for example missing append_sids and alike

ALSO, if browsing to yourdomain/phpbb2/ you are NOT redirected to the mx portal page...it only works if you call the index.php...fix?

Haplo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments/feedback: Reply with quote

couldn't you make init_forum_pages() call the mx db and sort of generate itself Wink

Haplo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments/feedback: Reply with quote

would it be totally wicked to mod the mx template.php

Code:
   function pparse($handle)
   {
      if (!$this->loadfile($handle))
      {
         die("Template->pparse(): Couldn't load template file for handle $handle");
      }

// actually compile the template now.
      if (!isset($this->compiled_code[$handle]) || empty($this->compiled_code[$handle]))
      {
         // Actually compile the code now.
         $this->compiled_code[$handle] = $this->compile($this->uncompiled_code[$handle]);
      }

// Run the compiled code.
      eval($this->compiled_code[$handle]);
      return true;
   }

to do some path validations for the $handle, i.e. add $phpbb_root_path and alike where its missing...thus no need to mod all appends and image entries...

selven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Comments/feedback: Reply with quote

i suggest you to porting also posting.php modcp.php and groupcp.php Wink
an think is possible (or already exixt) an variable wich get the $page value?
i've done one for music online module, but if is already implemented in mx-code is better Wink

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Comments/feedback: Reply with quote

Haplo wrote:
now you only need to automize the forum_pages.php settings (if possible) or make a generic block with forum mode usage(mx_forum_mode=viewforum) to have ALL forum blocks working on the same MX page
Haplo wrote:
couldn't you make init_forum_pages() call the mx db and sort of generate itself Wink

Nope. I think it should be possible (and easy) to enable/disable "the feature" (maybe via ACP). As per "one page for all", I don't like this idea, since it's more powerful the ability to set different blocks, as neighbours to a given phpBB script. ie. the faq page is longer than others, and it may also be placed in a 3 column page, while posting or viewtopic is better within a 2 column page. ...or add the google block below the phpBB search block. etc, etc, etc.

Haplo wrote:
Also, some "issues" you have found really should be reported at phpbb as "bugs"...for example missing append_sids and alike

I assume you're talking about the issue with modcp's jumpbox. I reported it to the phpBB BugTracker DB. And it was magically solved with 2.0.10 (all they said is "some users" reported problems here).

Haplo wrote:
ALSO, if browsing to yourdomain/phpbb2/ you are NOT redirected to the mx portal page...it only works if you call the index.php...fix?

Shocked True... example: http://forums.phpmix.org/

Problem is with REQUEST_URI, which is empty in this case. hmmm.... There should other ways.... no problem I'll find them all, wherever they hide. Razz

Thanks Haplo, for this one! Smile

Haplo wrote:
would it be totally wicked to mod the mx template.php (pparse)

hmmmm.... dealing with pparsed stuff is heavy. Also, there will be no need to worry about the *boring* task of porting IF I'm able to create an automated process for that. ...or something.

Cheers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_forum (beta team) All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: