rememmbering states in dhtml menus

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> DHTML Collapsible Forum Index
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drift
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: rememmbering states in dhtml menus Reply with quote

I really like the new menu's, but have one niggle, the menu never rememmbers the state I left it in, so for example if I am looking through the boards, from top down, I enter say phpbb news and then want to look at your mods, I have to go through the menu process again it would be nice if it held state, in a similar manner to the site navigation. 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: rememmbering states in dhtml menus Reply with quote

Thanks for suggestion, drift! Smile

This is what I'm doing right now with this MOD (posted at my phpBB Beta topic):
markus_petrux wrote:
Hi, all. I'm working now to add state persistence.

It will not collapse a category when expanding another one. And it will remind which categories are expanded between sessions (using cookies). So, the end-user will be able to set the state of the forum index exactly as he/she wishes.

The expand/collapse effect will work on all supported browsers and degrade to standard behaviour (all cats open and GET var c=xx enabled) for non-supported browsers.

I believe I can detect which browsers support write access to the display attribute easilly. I installed Apache+PHP+MySQL from scratch (to break phpBB as many times as needed) ...AND in my old computer: W3C Amaya, Sun Hotjava, Netscape 4.8, Netscape 7.1, Mozilla 1.7.2, Opera 5.12, Opera 6.06, Opera 7.23, Firefox 0.9.3 and MSIE6. Shocked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, I'm thinking in changing the name of this MOD, but it would be easier for me if I was english, I believe.

Does "DHTML Slide on Forum Index" sounds good/correct?

selven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: rememmbering states in dhtml menus Reply with quote

another suggest can you think do add + - in mený like mx-system?
(+ if menu is close - if is open)

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: rememmbering states in dhtml menus Reply with quote

DHTML Collapsible Forum Index MOD 1.0.2 is out Exclamation

It now supports state persistence based on cookies. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
selven: I thought about it for a while. But, this is not easy to achieve. I wanted to make the features of this MOD absolutely invisible for non-supported browsers. So, if I add an image for the +/- signs, it might be there for non-supported browsers. Plus, this is more a cosmetic feature for a navigation menu, imo. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> DHTML Collapsible Forum Index All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: