[bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFox

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PorkPie5000
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFox Reply with quote

I found a problem in the chatbox_profile file that only seems to manifest itself under Mozilla/Firefox.

Link 61 is
Code:
$js_head = 'window.location.href = "' . append_sid(PHPBB_URL .'profile.'.$phpEx.'?mode=viewprofile&u='.$user_id) . '";';

to make it work under FireFox it needs to be
Code:
$js_head = 'window.location.href = "' . append_sid(PHPBB_URL .'profile.'.$phpEx.'?mode=viewprofile&u='.$user_id) . '";';

IE seems to be ok with the "&" in there or without it. FireFox doesn't like it being there at all.

Steve

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFox Reply with quote

Nice one!

Known issues section in mx_chatbox Release Notes updated:
http://forums.phpmix.org/viewtopic.php?t=28

Thanks, steve. Smile

PorkPie5000
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFo Reply with quote

Markus, this is interesting. Something happened to my original post (above) to make my two code examples identical. It also changed my final sentence to only have an & in it instead of & a m p ;

As it stands, my example doesn't really help anyone.

I'll describe the bug without the examples:
Line 61 of chatbox_profile.php should have just an ampersand character where it currently has & a m p ;

Steve

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFox Reply with quote

PorkPie5000 wrote:
Something happened to my original post (above) to make my two code examples identical.

I edited your post to prefix the title with [bugfix]. I should have added a note about it in my previous post, though.

Now, I have edited your post again to replace the ampersand with &, which is the only way Ive found the show & in place. So, I hope it may avoid any confusion.

I can't understand why, but for some reason this board does not correctly deal with HTML character entities. Embarassed

edited: I have found the problem. And it's my fault, since I was testing "life" changes in prepare_message function (found in phpbb/includes/functions_post.php) to allow me to insert HTML for creating news, etc. And it was absolutlely buggy. ...so, for the moment, I have now restored original code. Rolling Eyes

PorkPie5000
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFo Reply with quote

This is the "simple fix thread that wouldn't die". Twisted Evil

Markus, I think you are linking to the wrong thread from the known issues link that you added.

Steve

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFo Reply with quote

lol, I'm about to crash... too many things in my head.

Link fixed. Rolling Eyes

Again, thanks a lot. Smile

iMist
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFo Reply with quote

FWIW: This bug appears in Safari in Mac OS X as well.

iMist

iMist
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: [bugfix] Problem in chatbox_profile using Mozilla/FireFo Reply with quote

To be more precise: the bug appears in the latest versions of Safari (v2.0) and Firefox (v1.0.4) under Mac OS X 10.4.1 (Tiger). I haven't tried earlier versions but would guess it the same for those.

(sorry for double-posting bit I couldn't find a way to edit my previous post).

iMist

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: