Allowing HTML mod for the mx_kb module

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> HTML BBcode
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugman
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Allowing HTML mod for the mx_kb module Reply with quote

Marcus,

I have installed your excellant mod and it works, but i have a problem, when posting in the KB made my haplo, the HTML button does not appear or the html get processed.

Its the non mx version

Whats going wrong?

Bugman

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Allowing HTML mod for the mx_kb module Reply with quote

Hi, Bugman! Smile

1) Try to remove posting_body.tpl and bbcode.tpl from the MX templates folder.

If that fails... well, copy those templates from the phpBB folders...

I'd go for the first option. Sometime ago I posted a patch for the MX template.php script (make_filename function) to look at everywhere a template might exist... afaik there's no need to keep dup copies of those .tpl files.

2) Try to see how to apply the Multiple BBCode MOD against kb_edit.php. That is call Multi_BBCode() somewhere...

3) Try to apply the changes made to posting_body.tpl also to kb_add_body.tpl

I do not use the KB module myself, so that's just an idea... Rolling Eyes

cellfx2
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Allowing HTML mod for the mx_kb module Reply with quote

While I was here on other business, that wonderful error docs mod for MX, I tested the first method mentioned and removed the posting_body.tpl and the bbcode.tpl this had no effect on my portal or Knowledge Base mod.

My suggestion is to go with the second method and add the Multi BBcode mod to the Knowledge base files. Keep in mind I have read that the knowledge base requires the same patch for security that the phpbb 2.10 requires.

Hey come to think of it if you search on MX-Portal you can find a "center" bbcode hack for MX 2.73 and phpBB 2.10 that lists what needs to be done for the portal and the KB files. This article will explain how to add various bbcode hacks to your portal KB.

Don Moody
Cellular fx & Repair
(780)438-3565
10158-Whyte Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6E 1Z4
Canada
www.cellularfx.ca
www.cellularfx.ab.ca

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> phpBB MODs -> HTML BBcode All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: