Counter Management errors when Adding counters.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
found
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

Sorry to bug you though now that I have fixed the above error I am finding that in my admin panel I cannot use the admin options for the SiteStats 'Counter Mangement'. I must say I did not check it before making the htaccess changes.

The initial Counter Mangement page show up ok, though if I try to add or remove a counter I get a 404, nice thing is that it is the errror doc, in the right frame of the admin.

Code:
You were referred from http://www.cellphone-multimedia.com/modules/mx_sitestats/admin/admin_counter.php?mode=delete&id=1&pg=yourdomain.com&ch=1161&cs=371&sid=598056530741d37bbbe638bb5b9b866d

Got any ideas as to what is causing this?

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: site counter installation problems - help! Reply with quote

Yep!

I think this problem might be caused since we added some security code in the ACP to check explicit sid= arguments in all ACP requests.

Please, try the following:

OPEN: modules/mx_sitestats/admin/admin_counter.php

FIND:
Code:
'<form method="post" action="' . $my_script_name . '">' .

REPLACE WITH:
Code:
'<form method="post" action="' . append_sid($my_script_name) . '">' .

FIND:
Code:
$message = '<form method="post" action="' . $my_script_name . '">' .

REPLACE WITH:
Code:
$message = '<form method="post" action="' . append_sid($my_script_name) . '">' .

Question

found
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Counter Management errors when Adding counters. Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response Markus.

I tried the replacement code as you have posted and I still have no luck. The rest of the module works correctly including the more stats page.

Just in case I even replaced the original files with clean files from the 1.3.1 zip and stil no luck, with or without the code changes.

Thank your for your assistance Markus.

found
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Big OOPs by me, after reading the release notes Reply with quote

So sorry Markus I just went back and read the release notes only to find this

Quote:
Delete: Remove this counter.
Add: Use this function to add more counters. This is an advanced feature which allows you to create different counters for different pages. However, this is NOT fully implemented. Please, do not use it, yet!

So I was not to use this feature just yet.. OOPS

I only wanted to use it because it shows a counter for my original installation (yourdomain.com)

How about I just leave things be for now and I will await the next release of the module. And, I will read the release notes again before bothering you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: