mx_chatbox Version 1.2.2 installation problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancha
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: mx_chatbox Version 1.2.2 installation problem Reply with quote

I unzipped and uploaded the file.
I guess my next step is importing the module but I don't know where and how to import the module.
Please somebody help me. Sad

Dan

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_chatbox Version 1.2.2 installation problem Reply with quote

Try using the Import button from the mxBB ACP -> Module Admin panel.

Question

dancha
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_chatbox Version 1.2.2 installation problem Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my ignorance but I'm completely lost.
I could not open any php file from uploaded but instead I get this message come up. "Hacking attempt(1)"
I'm sorry but you have to guide me through step by step.
All I accomplished so far is upload of file to my apache server.

Thanks,

Dan

Try using the Import button from the mxBB ACP -> Module Admin panel.

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: mx_chatbox Version 1.2.2 installation problem Reply with quote

Are you using mxBB-Portal (formerly known as MX-System)?

If so, you should know how to enter its ACP (Admin Control Panel), then click the Module Administration option on the left menu, then click the Import/Install Module button (it should be visible on the bottom of the main Module Admin panel). You should now see the Install Module panel. Now, select mx_chatbox and click Submit.

Once this is done, you should see a couple of new blocks in the Block Administration panels. You can place any of them on any portal page you wish.

Please, take the time to read the mxBB KB, they have several articles related to portal administration. Ask them, if you feel lost. I believe they have been working on more and better documentation about this...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: