Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images broken

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images broken Reply with quote

I installed mx_sitestats set the code in the includes and lost all the paths to my links and graphics. Links grafics point to the root directory instead of to my forum and to my images.
forum path is "/forum"
mx is in root
Anyone help?

http://www.cctvforums.com/

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats Reply with quote

I have edited the topic title. "Really need help." doesn't tell much about the contents.

Now, I'm not sure to understand your problem. However, I visited your website and the links and images in your page headers are broken. Is this what it happens since you have installed this module? If so, make sure you followed the instructions found in the release notes posted in this forum. If the problem persists, then check the installation steps again. Others installed this module and worked for them. Wink ...look in this forum if another topic helps you out.

dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Followed instructions to the "T". As soon as I finished install, all the links and images are broken.
This IS my path to mx. What went wrong here?
dataave wrote:
$mx_root_path = '../'; // <--- Adjust this path

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Have you noticed there are two different versions of that MOD? There is one to install the counter for mxBB pages and another one for phpBB pages. You should set $mx_root_path for the later, but not for the first.

Please, check out the COUNTER MODS section in the release notes for details.

dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Maybe I read it wrong. I thought it said one is used for mx only (portal) and the other is for phpbb only...I didn't know it had to be on one OR the other and not AND the other. 
dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

took it off the first and links/images still screwy. 
dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Okay, how do I uninstall? 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Shocked

To uninstall those MODs, just undo the changes or restore the backups you made before.

Then, if you want to uninstall the module, proceed as any other mxBB module, IIRC, from the ACP->Module Admin->Uninstall or something similar.

dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

http://cctvforums.com/index.php

SGOBhfasdbasdj@FYWHSJU

First time I didn't back up installing a Module and a MOD. First time it screws up my board!!!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

You haven't followed the instructions correctly, otherwise it would have worked for you as it has worked for many others. ...so, since I have no idea what have you exactly done, besides my lastest post, I'm afraid I can't help you further to undo the changes. Oh well...

Ugh, next time you'll make backups. Wink

dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Like I said, I followed the instructions to the letter. Why it screwed up mt header, I have no idea. Maybe it is not compatable with another mod/module I installed or it screwed up some of my custom code I had in some pages. My board worked perfectly pre-mx_sitestats. 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

Nope. Regarding the COLLECTOR MODS you haven't followed the instructions.

First, it is clear what to do to the mxBB version of page_header.php. However, you applied the MOD correspoding the phpBB version of that script.

Second, just below those instructions, in the comments section, it reads:

Please, backup your files before.

What else?

dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

It totally wrote its' code into my custom "overall_header.tpl" Thus screwing up my links. 
dataave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

I am a jackass for not backing up. I just don't want this to happen to others that have custom coding in their "overall_header.tpl". The Module/Mod rewrote my Rolling Eyes 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Troubles installing mx_sitestats, header links/images br Reply with quote

This module doesn't touch your "overall_header.tpl". If it does, it is because you haven't followed the instructions.

You had troubles registering here and posted in the contact us form. There is a nice Terms Of Use page available, even if you have not registered yet, you should have read before. You would have read free emails are not allowed here. Why? It doesn't matter. This is how it is here. Take it or leave.

Next, you open this topic with a not so wise title and not so wise explanation of your problem. Then, you can't just review your steps as noted, but rather you decide to uninstall the module. I tell you how, but I do not expect you to understand that, and that's what it is happening...

Now, please go elsewhere. I do not have more time for you, sorry.

Unless you have something positive to add here, do not open more topics here or you'll be banned.

Have a nice day Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_sitestats All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: