Meetings with user list

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_calsnails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleopatro
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

I have been looking for a MOD to add meetings, of course this one works, but my problem is that I need that users can join the meeting and that a list can be seen in the portal, So we can hace an uptodate list of the people coming to the meeting.

Since this MOD works really good I though this would be right place to ask fot it Wink Smile

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

Trying to see the easiest way to get it... well, there are always many ways to do it... Wink

What if...
  1. Create a forum to follow meetings.
  2. Create a topic in that forum for each meeting.
  3. Add an event to the calendar with a link to that topic.
  4. People wanting to join, just reply to that specific topic.
  5. Optionally, someone manually updates the first post on that topic to maintain the list of members wanting to join that meeting.
  6. Optionally, create that topic as sticky and use announcements block to create a portal page showing those topics as announcements.
Rolling Eyes Question

cleopatro
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

Smile Thanks, but I am basically working like that now, since we have so many meetings we need something automatic. Smile 
markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

Well, I have seen what you mean in your site, now. But you're using another calendar ...and CalSnails module does not support such feature.

I'm not really sure how can I help you. Probably you're talking about adding a new table (users joining an event) and some functions to maintain and report information on that table. But I don't have too much time for this now... Sad

cleopatro
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

I am using phpmycalendar because it is compatible with the file format that is created with an application in my computer.

anyway, I have installed the mx-calsnails and I still dont see how the people can be added to a meeting.

http://www.gummadrid.org/index.php?page=60

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

cleopatro wrote:
I am using phpmycalendar because it is compatible with the file format that is created with an application in my computer.

So you can import/export (synchronize?) events between your site and your Mac? ...export only?

cleopatro wrote:
anyway, I have installed the mx-calsnails and I still dont see how the people can be added to a meeting.

Well, the reason is, as I said before, it is not a supported feature.

Trying to image the simplest development needed to achieve what you need. Similar scenary than previously posted:
  1. Create a forum to follow meetings. Well, it's an optional step, but it seems easier to maintain.
  2. Create a topic (optionally, in that forum) for each meeting.
  3. Add an event to the calendar with a link to that topic saying something like:
    1. Reply to this topic to join the meeting.
    2. Delete your post to be removed from the list of assistents.
  4. Then create a portal block able to retrieve the list of those users (those that replied that topic) to report the list of assistents automatically.
Question Question Question

cleopatro
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

markus_petrux wrote:
Well, I have seen what you mean in your site, now. But you're using another calendar ...and CalSnails module does not support such feature.

I am sorry, I understood it was supported, Wink. Altough your idea is very good I think I am not going to change the actual way of doing this. When I find anythink like I want I will tell you about it.

Thanks for the help anyway Smile

In my Macintosh I work with an application iCal, that I upload to my web and PHPmycalendar automatically shows it in web format. it is quite good, and allows more than one calendar, very nice. However, it is not enough for what I want.

greetings Smile

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Meetings with user list Reply with quote

cleopatro wrote:
I am sorry, I understood it was supported...

Did I say anything leading to this idea? :eusa_eh: :eusa_silenced: Smile

cleopatro wrote:
Altough your idea is very good I think I am not going to change the actual way of doing this. When I find anythink like I want I will tell you about it.

Well, I could write a block for CalSnails module showing the posters of a specific topic, passed by block parameters in a similar way the settings of the announcement block work. So you could create a page combining an announcement block (the meeting announcement) followed by this new block showing its posters (the members wanting to assist to the meeting).

...or even better, a block showing the first post (like the announcement block) and the list of members that replied to that topic.

Too tricky?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_calsnails All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: