Chatbox Refresh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmikeee
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Chatbox Refresh Reply with quote

Hey all, Just wondering if there is something going to be, or able to be done about the refresh. The chat box is great however the auto refresh making the screen jump to the top of the box is really getting on some of our end users nerves. I know about the "manual" refresh but they don't want that even more.

Is there going to be an update to stop the "jumping"?

THANKS ALL!

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Chatbox Refresh Reply with quote

The way to go is use of DHTML to 'rewrite' the contents of the Message/ChattersList areas to avoid this annoying effect.

As you can see in this forum, some weeks ago I was working on this ...and will restart that process some time in the future, but I'm very busy these days. I'm sorry.

Things you can try though Confused , with current implementation are:
a) AdminCP -> ChatBox -> Settings -> PositionOfNewPosts = Top

b) AdminCP -> ChatBox -> Settings -> ShowAmmount = 30 ...or similar to avoid scrolling.

madmikeee
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Chatbox Refresh Reply with quote

THANKS!!!

SOrry I didn't reply sooner but I Blew out my back and have been out of commision for awhile. I will try out those tips and let you know how it goes!!

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!

didjerislade
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Chatbox Refresh Reply with quote

not working very well but better than before....
waiting for a release Wink

didjerislade
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Chatbox Refresh Reply with quote

is there some news about a new release ??? 
Berger de Brie
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Chatbox Refresh Reply with quote

Hi, is there any new release scheduled? It appears some messages are being lost or arrive late? Could this be possible? Is anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Paul

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_chatbox All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: