error when validating events

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_calsnails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericb
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: error when validating events Reply with quote

I want to allow registered users to submit events to the calendar. However, when they do and I, as administrator, try to validate them I get the following error. It doesn't seem to mater what action I take I always get this error.

Can any one here give me a suggestion on how I might fix this?

Quote:

Could not obtain the block configuration

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause'

SELECT blk.block_id , blk.block_title , blk.block_desc , blk.function_id , blk.auth_view , blk.auth_edit , blk.auth_delete FROM mx_block blk WHERE blk.block_id = Array

Line : 325
File : /usr91/home/p/s/psocdeve/public_html/includes/mx_functions.php

Update
I only get this error when I attempt to validate an item using the following steps.

1) From portal click on any link in the events sidebar.
2) When new pages loads click validate events button
3) When new pages loads click submit

If I go to my calendar page ( http://www.psocdeveloper.com/index.php?page=4 ) and use the validate events button there everything seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Eric

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: error when validating events Reply with quote

Hi, Eric!
ericb wrote:
I only get this error when I attempt to validate an item using the following steps.

1) From portal click on any link in the events sidebar.
2) When new pages loads click validate events button
3) When new pages loads click submit

If I go to my calendar page ( http://www.psocdeveloper.com/index.php?page=4 ) and use the validate events button there everything seems to work fine.

This is simply excelent report. I got it at once! Thank you! Smile

In other words: this problem only happens when trying to validate events in standalone mode (as opposed to block mode which is calling the block through the mx/index.php). In standalone mode the calendar code should figure out which is its own block id ...which is needed to retrieve the block configuration.

The problem seems to be a conflict between POST vars used by the calendar code itself and the standard MX way to retrieve a block_id. So... I bet to simplify the last... but, it requires a little modification to be applied.
Code:
#
# ---[ OPEN ]----------
#
mxroot/modules/mx_calsnails/calendar.php

#
# ---[ FIND ]----------
#
$block_id = ( !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['block_id']) ) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['block_id'] : $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];

#
# ---[ REPLACE WITH ]----------
#
$block_id = ( !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['block_id']) ) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['block_id'] : 0;

#
# ---[ SAVE ]----------
#

I hope it may solve the issue.

Cheers

ericb
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: error when validating events Reply with quote

Solved!

I made the changes you suggested and everything appears to be okay. I tried validating an event both of the ways I described in my previous post and they both work now.

Thanks for your quick reply to my post and for creating this module for mx-system.

Cheers,
Eric

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_calsnails All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: