port data from Calendar Lite?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_calsnails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBAI
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: port data from Calendar Lite? Reply with quote

I've got the normal Calendar Lite mod on my phpBB ( http://www.toldbyanidiot.com/phpBB2/index.php ) and i'm attempting to migrate my site over to the mx portal. I installed the portal fine, and I installed the calsnails modules for it... my question now is this:

Is there a convenient way to move the data from one calendar to the other?

I modified the helpful little mySQL query in the readme to this:
Code:

INSERT INTO `mx_callite_events`
   SELECT cal.calendar_id AS id, usr.username, cal.calendar_stamp AS stamp,
          cal.calendar_subject AS subject, cal.calendar_description AS description,
          cal.user_id, cal.calendar_valid AS valid,
          cal.calendar_stamp AS eventspan, cal.bbcode_uid
     FROM `phpbb_calendar` cal, `phpbb_users` usr
    WHERE cal.user_id = usr.user_id
but when i try to run that query, mySQL spits out:

Code:
Error

SQL-query : 

SELECT cal.calendar_id AS id, usr.username, cal.calendar_stamp AS stamp, cal.calendar_subject AS subject, cal.calendar_description AS description, cal.user_id, cal.calendar_valid AS valid, cal.calendar_stamp AS eventspan, cal.bbcode_uid
FROM `phpbb_calendar` cal, `phpbb_users` usr
WHERE cal.user_id = usr.user_id

MySQL said:

Unknown column 'cal.calendar_id' in 'field list'

any advice?

markus
[Administrator]
[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: port data from Calendar Lite? Reply with quote

Hi!

Smile ...this query was written to help the migration process from the old mx_calendar, which is(was?) another MX module based on a 'legacy' Calendar Lite...

I believe if you're trying to migrate from latest CalLite version this one should work:
Code:
   SELECT * FROM `phpbb_calendar`

...or simply, rename the table phpbb_calendar to mx_callite_events (ie. using phpMyAdmin).

If that doesn't work... well, we'll see.

Cheers

TBAI
Starter
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: port data from Calendar Lite? Reply with quote

heh. you're probably right about that, but i went ahead and did it the hard way... trial and error Wink

eventually i got it to work by killing all the "calendar_" prefixes. seems to have worked *crosses fingers*

thanks Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    phpMiX.org Forum Index -> mxBB Modules -> mxBB Module: mx_calsnails All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: